It may be the ultimate dream for a mother to see her daughter walk down the aisle in the same dress she wore on her own special day. But lets be honest…styles and trends have changed. No offense to mom, no one was safe in the 80’s. Not even Tom Hanks and Rita Wilson.
I’m pretty sure she’s even wearing sheer white panty hose.
But there are TONS of other ways to incorporate your mom’s gown into your own wedding that won’t make you look like you belong in a Molly Ringwald movie. In honor of Mother’s Day, we wanted to share a few of our favorites:
1. Wrap your bouquet with lace cut from her dress or veil, like this one via Elegance & Simplicity.
2. Make a hairpiece (this image came from Pinterest…I don’t think it’s repurposed, but it would be super cool if it was!).
3. Make your own garter like this one from Something About Katie:
4. Make a ring bearer pillow. DIY instructions courtesy of Martha Stewart.
5. Don’t want to take a pair of scissors to your mom’s gown? Put it on display at your reception. (Image via Style Me Pretty)